01 January 2010

If you don't get help here, PLEASE Get help some where



Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.
- Helen Keller


I’d like to take this time to reach out to anyone struggling with mental illness but has yet to seek help.

Perhaps on reflection of the previous year, you’ve thought about getting help but haven’t. Perhaps its part of a New Year’s resolution you made.

I would like to encourage you not to put it off. Don’t wait. I know its hard I’ve been in your shoes and so have millions of other Americans. NAMI estimates 1 in 4 Americans suffer from mental illness every year. So I assure you that you are NOT alone.

Its always hard to admit you need help. Its something I struggled with accepting myself. But there is no shame. Mental Illnesses are medical conditions just like cancer, diabetes or H1N1.

Also like any other medical illness you should expect the same standards of professionalism and thoroughness. Anything less, head for the door.

Going to list a link here that will help reassure you that you are not alone. As well as a link for NAMI an organization that can help point you in the right direction as far as seeking treatment.

http://www.bringchange2mind.org

http://www.nami.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please just keep it clean sometimes my Mother reads this. Thank-you !!