31 December 2009

Hear ye Hear ye new post by morning

I'll be ringing in the New Year alone in my apartment this year. But be assured is not because I didn't have options so don't feel sorry for me. I just have a few too many irons in the fire right now to waste one of my precious few days off on such brick-a-brat this year. Also in all honesty, the social invites I received this year like usual were to events where there would inevitably be a lot of heavy drinking. I haven't drank since August and quitting was surprisingly easy but I don't want to risk taking a chance on my ability to abstain from temptations.

Since quitting drinking this year, which was solely out of fear for the effects it would have on the medication I so greatly wanted and needed to work, I realized a few things. Number one, I'm not an alcoholic but I did have a serious problem with alcohol. My problem was what's called a binge cycle that I now realize it was an attempt to self medicate. The anti-depressants helped cut my anxiety but never fully stopped the cyclone of thoughts and emotions that frequently races though me.

But I never was overly worried because it wasn't anything that 40-50 beers couldn't ease over a weekend nearly EVERY weekend.

Anyhow I'm still procrastinating on some other more pressing matters. But I'll have a new post up by morning.

Here's wishing all of my readers a HAPPY and SAFE NEW YEAR !!

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

Until tomorrow, RedHeaded Rambler out


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please just keep it clean sometimes my Mother reads this. Thank-you !!