02 December 2009

Hear Ye, Yeah Ye, Year He ! New blog post by morning, ADD HUMOR !!

I'm busily working on preparing for my Mother's visit by trying to clean my apartment with the sort of cleaning intensity only reserved for preparation for a Sergent Major Inspection, and laughing at myself the whole time. Also I found the last post a little bit intense and I don't want to fall into that frame of thought while my Mother is here. She doesn't come down every week, so wanna be in the mind frame to laugh and joke.

Here's a bit of a teaser for you in the meant time.

Things that have happened already today while cleaning !

One of the things I have always struggled with that seems typical of ADD people is cleaning. Now as my treatment has progressed, its actually one of the improvements people have really taken notice of. Clearly things have improved dramatically, but I still have some room for improvement. See the following.

While mopping my kitchen floor, I noticed that while I'd been doing a much better job of keeping my counters wiped off, I'd neglected the cabinet and oven doors !! It hadn't occurred to me until just 45 mins ago, that my cabinet doors looked like Pigpen, Cookie Monster, The Blob, fifteen ultra muddy Labrador retrievers and 3 year-old kids had thrown a mud-pie making party in my kitchen !!! I rubbed-up against one of the doors while scrubbing something and I don't know if I'll every get the brownish gray streak out of my t-shirt !! Little bit of a detail I'll need to watch !

To my annoyance, I opened up the clothes washer to find one of my pet peeves, a damp load of launder still in there from three days prior. This is something I've gotten somewhat better about. Its typical of me for forget about a load of launder in the washer. At least now, I don't simply throw them into the dryer without rerunning it first. Before, it could be in there for who knows how long: a day ? A week ? a fiscal quarter perhaps ? and since I barely have a sense of smell, would simply throw them into the dryer without rewashing it. That this is a bad idea, actually was brought to my attention two years ago when I went home while wearing clothes from such a load. I was emanating such an overwhelming mildew smell, it nearly gagged my poor mother and sister. But that wasn't what bothered me so much. What REALLY bothered me was that since this was a fairly common practice for me at the time, who knows how many fellow co-workers it effected in the close confines of a call center !! I'm sure there were days at the office where it wasn't easy for people to be my friend. Glad it was pointed out before it became an HR issue !!!

So far today, I've misplaced my mop twice, my roll of paper towels several as well. I spent easily 15 minutes looking for the roll, only to realize I was holding them !!! Have had to re-mop twice because I forgot that the floor was wet and tracked dust across the linoleum. Reminds me of a time when I used to smoke while on active duty. I had a habit of putting the butts in my pocket so someone else wouldn't have to pick them up. Standard for me, I'd forget to empty my pockets and most guys would wear the same uniform 2-3 days in a row. So while on a work detail picking up cigarette butts, we were miffed because no matter how good of a job we did, we always found more when the sergeant inspected the area. After about 20 minutes of this, come to realize I had forgotten to btutton a cargo pocket that had about 30-40 of them in there. I'd been leaking cigarette butts from my pocket the whole time we were picking them up !! My sergeant nearly kicked my butt and can't say I blame him !!!

One of the things on my to-do list tonight is going through mail. I HATE this chore. I'd rather spend two hours cleaning toilets without gloves at the stadium after an Oakland Raiders home game, than spend 15 minutes going through my mail. This is an annoyance to some, such as the mailman and my family. Dad really got pissed with me when he got a call from Grandma asking if I had moved. Apparently I had let things build up so much, the mailman had assumed I was no longer at the address and returned the Christmas Card she'd sent me. More than once he's been unable to fit anymore in the box and left it at the rental office.

Alright, my stove timer is buzzing, more latter

RedHeaded Rambler out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please just keep it clean sometimes my Mother reads this. Thank-you !!